Sunday, February 16, 2014

Xbox One (8.5 out of 10 with lots of potential)

The game selection is pretty weak. I rented Need for Speed: Rivals, Assassin's Creed 4, and Call of Duty. Later I bought Dead Rising 3 which seems to be the best of the bunch.

The graphics are quite amazing and most of the time very polished. The best looking game I've read is Tomb Raider. If I had known I would have waited and played it for XO instead of the 360, but life is what it is I guess.

The voice recognition and Kinect features I was weary of because meh. Besides having trouble with the commands "turn on" and "turn off" it works well beyond my expectations. It responds to my demands very quickly and with little lag time and I would say 90% on the first time. It may seem like an extra feature that is nice but unnecessary and I would disagree with you there. Instead of turning on the controller and scrolling through menus I can just tell my xbox what to do and am at my destination faster and without having to move my digits.

The controller is basically the same except for the toggle sticks feel more in your control and the whole thing just seems well put together and streamlined for efficiency.

I know either this year or next that Fallout 4 is going to come out and so buying an XO was inevitable. Also today, Titanfall Beta came out and I've only played for about an hour but it is definitely worth buying the system for so far. Some jerkwad on Live called it "definitely a Call of Duty killer". Well, no, CoD will be around making another eerily similar game a year from now and on and on for the holiday season and people will buy it just like Madden. I am bored with CoD now and there is a void that I'm happy to let Titanfall fill.

I was never a fan of the Playstation's controller or its layout which is why I chose the Xbox One.

Anyway it is 500 clams right now which is pricey. It does come with Kinect, a respectable headset, and hdmi cord. 5 years ago that would be about a 225 dollar value. Today not so much but it is nice. I think throwing a copy of Dead Rising 3 or Need for Speed would have been swell of them.

The actual hardware seems much more long lasting than the flimsy xbox 360 and I haven't been hearing any red ring of death horror stories. So, here's to hoping. Anyway, back to Titanfall. I am Righteousice just so you know who did the killing.

No comments:

Post a Comment